The Wiyi Yani U Thangani National Summit Delegate Sponsorship aims to support First Nations Women (including cis and trans women, and non-binary and gender-diverse people) to attend the Summit and/or Youth forum. There will be two types of sponsorships:
- Sponsorship to attend the Summit
- Sponsorship to attend the Youth Forum and Summit
Sponsorship may include:
- Complimentary Summit registration fees (inclusive of welcome event and gala dinner);
- Domestic travel fares (air, bus, boat, train) from home base to Canberra, return;
- Accommodation for duration of event; and
- Travel allowances for meals and incidentals.
All travel logistics will be coordinated and paid for by the Australian Human Rights Commission.
To be eligible for sponsorship to attend the Summit, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- are over the age of 18;
- are of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent;
- do not have access to other means to support their attendance at the Summit or Youth forum; and
- are not employed by organisations where that organisation could reasonably be expected to pay for their attendance and associated travel and accommodation costs.
The application process is as follows:
- Applications open on Wednesday 15 March 2023
- Applicants must complete the Sponsored Delegates Application Form
- Receipt of application will be provided via email
- Applications will close on 29 March 2023, at 5.00pm AEDT
- Applicants will be notified if successful via email